Saturday, April 18, 2009

Full cast of "Rumple Who?" @ the Thirteenth Street Repertory Company".

I'm not a real theater-goer and don't pretend to be a sophisticate. The only reason I go at all is my kid. All I requie of a play is that the set be colorful and cute, the cast to be energetic enough to carry the story forward in a fun way. Having said that, I've had a ball recently. Yesterday, Bahiyyah and I saw "Rumple Who?", a musical adaptation of Rumplestiltskin. For anyone who's been, the 13th Street Repertory is as off-off-off broadway as you can get. I love the cozy appeal of the townhouse-turned-theater and the proximity of the cast to the audience that allows the audience, in this case, kids, to get involved. (I love the $10.00 ticket price too.)

Before this we saw "Wiseacre Farm" at the same location. A community of farm animals team up to stop the fox from stealing the cake from the pig's birthday party. (I like these one line synopses too.)

The first two events we did on the kids play circuit were "Pinkalicious" and "If you give a pig a party", both based on children's books with the same titles.

So now, I pretty much look for kids books hoping for a stage adaptation. See you soon.