Thursday, June 18, 2009

Tech Review


In this new category, I'll be reviewing technology for kids that I've used or purchased.
Bahiyyah is 4 and recognizes letter sounds. I've been looking for an online resource to get her reading to the next level. I googled the category and several resources came up. I went into "Click N Kids" and what I found was remarkable.
The user friendliness of the program is outstanding. Your child can operate the mouse controlled commands themselves and they're taught to identify letters corresponding to their sound on the keyboard. In the setup, you create a desktop icon for easy access to the program.
The graphics are great and effective at communicating the lessons.
Price makes it even more attractive. You have the option to make three $20.00 payments or pay all at once.
The lessons are based on your child's skill level. Because of her familiarity with letters and their sounds, she started at lesson 10 out of a total of 100 lessons.
She's taken to it, is doing great with it and building confidence. I recommend it.